WHY Kx FOR LIFE SCIENCES
Pharma, biotech and medtech companies are all having to re-examine and improve traditional R&D, pricing, supply chain and commercial models in response to today’s constantly changing clinical, regulatory and business environments as well as the explosion in real world data. Kx technology enables a new approach for pharmaceutical and life sciences companies to gain insight across multiple datasets from commercial, regulation, research & development and production through to the Internet of Things as companies move “beyond the pill”.
Kx has been built from the ground up for analyzing data at speed that will drive best-in-class performance across your organization. Our clients gain competitive advantage from its in-built capability to combine streaming and historical data in one platform.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENTDeveloping innovative products that improve patient outcomes and deliver profitable growth are two significant challenges that life sciences management teams face. The need to embrace disruptive technology and applications to improve speed to market are key to achieving these goals.
• Standardize and organize your data across the enterprise with the ability to scale easily as volumes increase
• Build next generation predictive and machine learning models with integrated programming capabilities and open interfaces to other technologies
• Combine commercial, geo-location, trial results and genomic analysis in one platform
REGULATION & COMPLIANCERegulatory authorities continue to demand a greater focus by life sciences companies on disclosure of safety risks, issues around clinical trial processes, and the management of digital health data.
• Simplify the reporting process and prepare for the future with our in-built reporting framework
• Store, analyze and visualize multiple datasets in one platform with easy to use tools
• Implement a unified solution with a global presence to help solve stringent international data challenges
MANUFACTURING & PRODUCTIONThe ever-increasing number of connected devices, sensors and tags in the manufacturing process is creating a colossal amount of data for organizations to process, analyze and store. Kx can handle millions of events and measurements per second, gigabytes to petabytes of historical data, all with nanosecond resolution, more efficiently and cost-effectively than any alternative technologies. Kx can be deployed on premises or in the Cloud to suit your requirements.
• Assess the performance of entire plants and machines in real-time and feed data into predictive and machine learning models
• Maximize machine performance through improved fault detection, planned and predictive maintenance, moving from a reactive to proactive environment
• Easily integrate and utilize existing legacy systems and multiple data sources, allowing you to either augment or replace existing data historians
IoT & COMPANION DEVICESThe growth in health informatics, medtech, digital health technology and companion diagnostics has caused an explosion in data that can be used to enhance patient care, provide detailed outcomes evidence and improve the management of clinical trials. The challenge many life sciences companies face is in leveraging this data with an effective and scalable analytics solution.
• Compute at the edge, take advantage of stream processing combined with extensive analytics at rest and provide self-service toolsets for users
• Ingest and consolidate multiple data sources to gain faster insight from wearables, devices, clinic, and centralized hub or cloud
• Analyze and correlate events in real-time with inbuilt capability to generate alerts or trigger actions
GENOME DATA ANALYTICSThe cost of generating genome data has fallen from billions of dollars to thousands of dollars and an entire genome can be sequenced in days using semiconductors and nanotechnology. Whilst this exciting development has opened up numerous research opportunities in diagnosis and prognosis the volume and structure of the data poses a number of fundamental challenges.
The time taken to analyze this data using standard methodologies can take weeks - reducing these bottlenecks promises to yield significant benefits in wide ranging areas of biology in areas from genome scans for variants of clinical relevance as well as the use of such information in real-time medical diagnoses and the development of personalized/precision medicine.
The response time for queries in kdb+ is vastly superior to other technologies. This increases productivity by reducing iteration cycles and facilitates new clinical techniques such as real-time cohort analysis. Some of our initial findings show that kdb+ is 40 to 400 times faster than traditional VCF analysis.