WHY Kx FOR MANUFACTURING
Kx for Manufacturing is a high-performance, cost-effective sensor data historian and analytics platform for ingesting, processing, and analyzing real-time, streaming and historical data from industrial equipment sensors and enterprise systems. The platform is powered by, Kx, the world’s fastest time-series database.
Kx can handle millions of events and measurements per second, gigabytes to petabytes of historical data, with nanosecond resolution, more efficiently and cost-effectively than any available alternatives — thus accelerating your evolution into Industry 4.0. It can be deployed on premises, in the cloud or as a hybrid configuration to suit client and regulatory needs.
Use Kx for Manufacturing to analyze data from machines and entire plants to identify faults, predict potential failures, plan maintenance to maximize up-time and throughput.
• Assess the performance of entire plants and machines in real-time and feed data into predictive and machine learning models.
• Support sensors generating measurements and events a few times to millions of times per second.
• Make data and analytics available to ERP and asset management systems.
Click on the links below to read how Kx for Manufacturing is used is Industrial and Semiconductor manufacturing
The ever-increasing number of connected devices, sensors and tags in the manufacturing process is creating a colossal amount of data for organizations to process, analyze and store. Most current manufacturing execution systems struggle with the bottlenecks which emanate from this new abundance of data. With its superior columnar-structured time-series database and q, its integrated query language, Kx enables you to scale anywhere from thousands to hundreds of millions of sensors, at any measurement frequency whilst maintaining extremely high levels of performance.
• Ingest and process 4.5 million sensor measurements and events per second per core.
• Aggregate billions of measurement records in seconds.
• Store and analyze trillions of records.
• Scale both vertically and horizontally.
Kx for Manufacturing supports all sensor measurements, tags and attributes to all measurement frequencies at nanosecond precision. A comprehensive library of time-based aggregation function support analytics, reports and alerts on streaming and historical data. Accompanying HTML Dashboards provide rich visualization and query capabilities on results across multiple devices.
• Capture, analyze and store high frequency time-series data from thousands of sensors to compare with historical data for fault and anomaly detection.
• A comprehensive suite of graphical tools with powerful OLAP drill-down capabilities.
• Combine historical and real-time data to make decisions from multiple streams.
Kx technology integrates with legacy systems and multiple data sources, allowing you to either augment or replace existing historians.
• A connector framework simplifies integration and coexistence with your existing manufacturing systems, including MES, ERP, and SPC.
• APIs for .NET, Java, C, C++, Python, R, ODBC, Matlab and Excel.
• Transition from your current historian to the world’s fastest time series database makes existing bottlenecks and latency issues a thing of the past.
Because if its small footprint Kx can be used to perform analytics at the point where data is collected by only collecting the data which has been determined to be useful by the tag or sensor.
• Complex Event Processing (CEP) can be performed on the data drawn in from these sensors on the ‘edge’ with sub-millisecond CEP latencies.
• Data can be forwarded securely to a centralized location for consolidated analysis and situational awareness.
• Due to its light footprint (600kb), Kx can perform CEP and store data locally when installed on smaller appliances and industrial IoT gateways.
The basis for Kx Technology is a unique integrated platform which includes a high-performance historical time-series columnar database called kdb+, an in-memory compute engine, and a real-time streaming processor all unified with an expressive query and programming language called q.
Designed from the start for extreme scale, and running on industry standard servers, the kdb+ database has been proven to solve complex problems faster than any of its competitors.LEARN MORE