Kx FOR SENSORS
Kx for Sensors is a single-stack processing and analytics platform for operations and transaction data designed to radically improve energy, utility, and industrial IoT applications and systems.
• Process streaming and historical data, with full historical context of assets and reference data
• Support distributed energy resources, AMI, SCADA, syncrophasors, smart home IoT
• Accelerate IT/OT applications, historians and analytics
• Make real-time control decisions for systems and devices
• Build advanced real-time energy/utility, IoT and energy market applications
• Provide big and fast data capabilities at the edge, on premise and cloud
PERFORMANCE - FAST AND PROVEN TECHNOLOGYKx for Sensors, powered by the world’s fastest time-series database, kdb+, handles millions of events and measurements per second with nanosecond precision, whilst simultaneously managing gigabytes to petabytes of historical data with ease. Our technology is ideally suited for addressing the performance and scalability challenges of high-volume data ingestion, processing, retrieval, analytics and machine learning.
• Validate and estimate sensor and meter data at millions of readings per second
• Aggregate billions of measurement records in seconds
• Fulfill query responses in microseconds
• Store and analyze trillions of records and diverse data sources
• Manage real-time, streaming and historical data with ease
ADVANCED ANALYTICS AND MACHINE LEARNINGVisualize and explore your data with our comprehensive suite of graphical tools and dashboards that provide powerful OLAP drill-down capabilities with low-latency response. Supercharge your legacy applications and historians with advanced analytics and machine learning capabilities.
• Combine historical and real-time data for fault and anomaly detection, and make more timely and accurate predictions
• Analyze data from millions of devices combined with weather, generation and asset data in order to forecast consumption and predict asset failures and events
• Analyze data from assets to identify faults, predict potential failures and plan maintenance
• Enterprise data platform for AI initiative with interfaces to popular machine learning tools such as TensorFlow, Theano and Keras
CLIENT USE CASESCustomers have built advanced analytics to detect and predict faults, settle energy markets, issue control signals to equipment based on analytics, and make data available on-demand to other systems and external customers. Advanced systems powered by Kx include: Advanced Distribution Management, Settlement, Meter Data Management, Outage Management, Advanced Historians, Surveillance Systems, Data Warehouses, Data Marts and Data Access Portals.
• Build applications and own IP that operate on high velocity and large volumes of data with extensible data schema and development environment
• Validate, estimate, filter, and cleanse to deliver data for billing and operation purposes
• Synchronize master and reference data with billing, asset and other systems
• Maintain a bitemporal model of assets, sensors, services and relationships, enabling historical analysis of events and activities.
Click on the link below to learn how Utillismart's SMARTMAP, powered by Kx, enables users to go from data to decisions in managing distribution systems
DISTRIBUTED AND RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCESBecause of its small footprint Kx can provide big data and analytics close to where data is collected. This can enable utilities and solution providers to detect and predict conditions more quickly than ever before, improving availability, optimizing maintenance and longevity of their assets.
• Kx can be installed on small appliances, Industrial IoT gateways, or hardened servers
• Complex Event Processing (CEP) can be performed on the data drawn in from sensors with sub-millisecond latencies
• Data can be forwarded securely to a centralized location for consolidated analysis and situational awareness
• Use data to monitor and predict impact of distributed and renewable energy resources on the physical and energy markets
INTEROPERABILITYKx for Sensors enable integration with legacy systems and multiple data sources to either augment or replace existing historians and allowing you to extend and customize your data analytics applications to support your unique requirements.
• Use a connector framework to integrate with IT/OT systems, including SCADA, AMI, MDM, OMS, MDM, EMS, and ADMS
• APIs for .NET, Java, C, C++, Python, R, ODBC, Matlab, and Excel
• APIs for synchronizing master and reference data with other systems, including assets, locations, sensors and sensor measurements, with built in-audit trails
The basis for Kx Technology is a unique integrated platform which includes a high-performance historical time-series columnar database called kdb+, an in-memory compute engine, and a real-time streaming processor all unified with an expressive query and programming language called q.
Designed from the start for extreme scale, and running on industry standard servers, the kdb+ database has been proven to solve complex problems faster than any of its competitors.LEARN MORE